Full Name: Danny Kleinman
Date of birth: March 13, 1937.
Birth Place: New York City, New York
City of Residence: Los Angeles, California
Marital Status: Expecting to be divorced by March 21, 2007
Occupation: Singer-songwriter, writer, editor, psephologist, Bridge pro
How I Started in Backgammon: In 1973, my Bridge-hustler friend Stella Rebner asked me to replace Patti Medford in a chouette at the Cavendish West Club so she could have Patti as her pigeon in a rubber Bridge game.
Backgammon Nickname: Miss Lonelyblots
Current Skill level: Expert
Number of years playing Backgammon live: 34
Favourite Tournament Venue: Louisville Labor Day Tournament
- 1976 Barbara Eisenberg Birthday Celebration, mixed skill levels with two World Champions (Billy Eisenberg and Lee Genud) participating.
Other important finishes:
- 1981 Semi-Finalist, top flight, 4th California Open.
Favourite Backgammon book(s): Paradoxes and Probabilities by Barclay Cooke (despite its many errors)
Backgammon books you have written:
- Vision Laughs At Counting with Advice To The Dicelorn
- Wonderful World Of Backgammon Meanwhile
- Back At The Chouette
- Double-Sixes From The Bar
- Is There Life After Backgammon?
- How Can I Keep From Dancing?
- The Dice Conquer All
- How Little We Know About Backgammon
- The Other Side Of Midnight
- ... But Only The Hogs Win Backgammons
- A Backgammon Book For Gabriel
- Long Road To Gammon
- Boards, Blots and Double Shots [with Norm Wiggins]:
- Fascinating Backgammon Costa Rica 1994 [with Antonio Ortega]:
- Cubes And Gammons Near The End Of The Match Jerry Grandell: His Most Important Matches
- Backgammon With the Giants: Neil Kazaross
Favourite Film(s): Forrest Gump
Favourite Music: Classic rock (early Beatles and Mamas & Papas)
Favourite Food: Chocolate pie
Other Interests & Hobbies: Music, Bridge, political science
Person I'd like most to meet: Carol Tavris
Favourite Celebrity: Toni Grant
If I could change anything in the Backgammon world, I would... Replace chouette and head-to-head money play with match play.
If I could change anything in the world, I would...
eliminate theistic religions.
serious backgammon competition: Costa Rica 1993